Johanna Osborne teaches Film Studies at Corpus Christi College. Her academic interests include representations of religious themes in contemporary film, cinema as a spiritual experience, and theology in film, particularly those stemming from a Catholic imagination.
Following completion of her Master of Arts in Religion from Yale University in 2007 with a film and creative writing focus, she worked at Corpus Christi as campus minister leading a Video Divina group. She later began teaching Film Studies. She is passionate about teaching film in alternative and relevant ways.
• MAR Master of Arts in Religion (Yale University)
• BA Religion, Literature and the Arts (University of British Columbia)
• 2014 – Fall – FILM 110 – Introduction to Film and Media Studies
• 2015 – Winter – FILM 210 – History of Cinema (1895-1930)
• 2016 – Winter – FILM 220 – History of Cinema (1930-present)
• 2016 – Winter – FILM 100 – Introduction to Film and Media Studies